Council Article Count: 7
To be a living model in partnership and networking with its stakeholders for the highest standards of excellence and unrivalled quality of life.
To ensure a timely and quality service to all stakeholders. To improve the quality of life of the citizens of the town.
Departments Article Count: 6
• To satisfy the needs of the citizens by providing them with essential services, facilities and infrastructures to improve their welfare.
• To promote sustainable development and proper management of the town.
OUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
In line with existing laws and regulations the main duties of the Council are:
• The Construction, maintenance, lighting and cleaning of all public roads falling in the municipal jurisdiction.
• Collection and removal of household, industrial, commercial and agricultural waste.
• The construction and maintenance of open spaces, parks, gardens, bus shelters.
• The provision and regulation of public market and fairs.
• The processing and delivery of building and land use permits.
• The provision and organization of welfare, social, sports, recreational, artistic and educational activities.
• The control of pollution causing public and private nuisance.
The control of trade and premises used for commercial, industrial, professional and other related activity
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION